Even though these critters are the size of our palms, their stings are extremely dangerous and poisonous. They’re much more dangerous than you thought, as a scorpion’s sting can kill a human being. The sting contains a mixture of toxins that affect the nervous system, called neurotoxins. The good news is that scorpion stings are rarely life-threatening, but still cause numbness, tingling, difficulty breathing, sweating, nausea, vomiting, and accelerated heart rate. None of that sounds pleasant, and it’s best to avoid these tiny creatures altogether (via Science Focus).