Infringement Report Policy
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Science Sensei (“ScienceSensei”) opposes in the strongest terms to any unauthorized infringement of intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyrights. ScienceSensei’s policy is to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, as amended from time to time (the “DMCA“).
You may report an alleged infringement notice according to the DMCA requirements to our designated agent (ScienceSensei’s designated copyright agent may be contacted at: info@ScienceSensei.com
As per DMCA requirements, your report must include the following details and information:
- A physical or electronic signature given by an authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
- Details of infringing materials and their current location on the ScienceSensei’s Website.
- Clear and precise identification of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed (in a form allowing us to verify such a claim).
- Contact information of the complaining party, including a physical address, telephone number, and an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted (if available).
- A statement according to which the complaining party believed in good faith that use of the material in the complaint matter was not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or any relevant legislation.
- A statement that the information conveyed in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
Please note that according to the DMCA, any person who knowingly, materially misrepresents that material or activity is committing copyright infringement may be subject to liability.
Upon receipt of such notification, ScienceSensei shall promptly investigate the matter, and, if deemed appropriate, remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. Furthermore, as required by the DMCA, we will provide a notice to the third party that posted the content subject matter of the alleged infringement, and if applicable, mark it on our Website while conducting the investigation.
We may, as required by the DMCA, suspend and/or otherwise terminate the access of repeated offenders to our Website (or any other related content thereto) as we see fit and per the policy determined by us from time to time. In order to prevent infringers to take advantage and abuse such policy, we do not disclose such policy.
Challenging Your Claim
We urge you to consider the possible fair use implications of the materials which you have indicated to allegedly breach the copyright of the owner of such materials. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process, and your use of the form below does not waive that right.
You may be liable for damages and indemnify ScienceSensei (including costs and attorneys’ fees) in the event of your willful misrepresentation that material or activity infringes on copyright, which you inform us.