- What It’s Used In: Scientific Instruments
- Problems Caused: Neurological Issues, Kidney and Lung Damage, Respiratory Issues
Can you believe we once used this stuff for so many things? Today, the use of Mercury is almost exclusively used in scientific instruments like thermometers, barometers, and even fluorescent lamps. But not much else. Of course, some mercury is natural like what you get from sea creatures. This is not enough to harm us normally, but the chemical form of mercury can. Inhalation of it can cause severe respiratory issues, damage the lungs and kidneys, and even cause neurological problems.