Autumn Crocus (Naked Lady)
This plant may sound like a fun time, but it’s one of the most poisonous plants you can find in your backyard. It’s highly toxic and can cause drooling, gastrointestinal bleeding, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, central nervous system signs like seizures, and kidney and liver damage. Eventually, if it’s left untreated for long enough, it may cause death. Most of the time, you’ll see these signs immediately, but they may happen several days later. If you notice any of these symptoms, especially in pets who may have ingested the flower, make sure you get immediate help (Pet Poison Helpline).